'An infrastructure with:
- Gas stations (propellant depots),
- Rest stops and permanent housing—roomy human habitats with windows and vegetable gardens,
- Truck stops and freight yards—logistics bases with cargo-handling equipment,
- Trucks, SUVs, and dune buggies—Moon-and-Mars ground vehicles; plus tugs to haul loads around in space,
- Fuel production equipment—units to turn the water of the Moon and Mars into rocket fuel, breathable oxygen, and drinkable water,
- Units to turn the carbon dioxide in Mars' atmosphere into plastics, graphene, and carbon fiber with which 3-d printers can build more habitats, tools, and rovers—more trucks, SUVs and dune buggies.
- Units to turn the rusty rocks lying around on the Martian surface into high strength steel for habitats.