August 31, 2015

Running dogs

Not everything people my age say should be considered politically meaningful. Once upon a time, citizens who were either unelected to office or not scholars of a particular field were able to foist their opinions on just about anybody and everybody without fear of being taken seriously much less quoted. Yea, verily, we were drunk most of the time and so could not be held to account for our stupidity. Nowadays, being drunk is either not an excuse or the whole excuse. My dad for example did not drink but did have opinions. "Men aren't worth a shit" was a favorite of his. "I love women" was another. Even though he was never drunk, patients in the waiting room never objected to him singing. Nor did I ever threaten to out him on internet for an opinion I disagreed with.



No comments: