June 10, 2015

"Mainland China has not issued a travel alert for South Korea, a popular destination for mainland tourists, over the Mers outbreak."

South China Morning Post China’s main health authority said on Wednesday that the risk of cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or Mers, spreading to the country has increased significantly and urged people travelling to South Korea or the Middle East to be vigilant of the potential health risks. by Nectar Gan

'Mao Qunan, a spokesman for the National Health and Family Planning Commission, told a news briefing in Beijing that the government’s prevention and control measures were focused on preventing cases of Mers entering China.

'“Because our country has relatively frequent contact with people from South Korea and the Middle East, and especially now that South Korea has an outbreak, our experts have assessed that the risk of importing cases has increased significantly,” he said.

'Health authorities had been told to prepare staff and hospitals to treat any potential cases of the illness, said Mao.

'People who have been to the Middle East and South Korea should see a doctor without delay if they develop symptoms or should tell their medic that they have been to areas at risk.'

No comments: