January 05, 2015

Craigy Ferg said Tutu told him during a commercial break, “I think you’re crazy.”

"A liberating moment in a famous 2009 interview with Archbishop Desmond Tutu led to this moment of departure five years later, outgoing Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson said at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills last night, during a celebration of his show." by Lisa de Moraes

'“This is a man who talked to some crazy motherf****rs,” Ferguson said. “He said to me, ‘You’re crazy – I don’t mean to be rude.’ I said, ‘I thank you, Father Tutu.’ He said, ‘No,  you are crazy, but the type of crazy we need.’ And, this is not your agent, you know, he’s not like, ‘Keep doing the crazy thing!’ It’s Desmond Tutu saying ‘Be as authentically crazy as you are.’ It was kind of like God saying ‘Just be as crazy as you like.’ I felt weirdly released by that.”

'“Then, ultimately, that leads to me not doing the show,” Ferguson explained in last night’s talk moderated by actor/writer Jim Rash of Community.'

No comments: